OnBuy, an Amazon competitor in the UK, recently surveyed 2,381 people over 60 to learn about their sexual proclivities. One in five respondents indicated that they had specific kinks in the bedroom, and of those 20 percent,
- 63 percent are into BDSM,
- 60 percent are into age play,
- 56 percent are into being dominant and submissive,
- 44 percent are impact play, and
- 41 percent are into edge play.
It’s not clear why BDSM was broken out separately given that the rest of these activities fall under that umbrella. I’m also not sure how reliable survey results from an online retailer can be. But caveats aside, it’s reassuring to see some evidence that retirees are living out their kinky dreams!